For your first treatment:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to fill out paperwork if you are unable to print and complete the new patient intake forms [insert hyperlink].
- Bring copies of any pertinent imaging document(s) (i.e. x-ray, MRI, CT scan), list of current medications and/or supplements, and any medical records that may be pertinent to your main complaint/issue/condition.
- Bring your health insurance plan card for ease of verification of acupuncture coverage.
- Please make sure to eat something an hour before your treatment.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing to your appointment, if possible.
- Please be aware that payment is due at the time of treatment.
Please be aware of our 24-hour cancellation policy for appointments. When given less than 24-hour notice, 50% of treatment fee will be charged to your account. This policy exists out of respect for the practitioner’s time and for other patients’ time who may want to schedule an appointment at that time. If an appointment is cancelled in less than 24 hours, it makes it more difficult to reschedule that appointment time.
What To Expect
Almost always you will experience immediate relief during and after the initial treatment. The effects may last for as long as the needles are retained in the body during treatment (30 minutes) or for a day or week after the initial treatment. In order to experience the full benefit of acupuncture, it is recommended that you receive a follow up acupuncture treatment before the main symptoms return to original intensity or quality. This means that you may have to receive acupuncture treatment 2-3 times within the first week or more and then to once per week after that.
Acute conditions (date of injury/occurrence is less than 6 months) may be resolved within as little as 3 treatments or more as long as it is not an acute exacerbation of a chronic underlying issue or a structural problem (i.e. bone deformation, bone fracture, disc degeneration, etc.).
Chronic conditions (date of injury/occurrence is 6 months or more) may be resolved within 6-12 treatments with continual supportive treatments afterwards or a lot longer, depending on the presence of other factors (i.e. sleep habits, diet, exercise routine, re-injury or overuse, environmental stress, emotional stress, etc.).
Check with your health insurance provider to see if your plan covers acupuncture or you contact Christina Leigh Acupuncture to verify coverage for you. Please refer to the Insurance section for more information and further instruction for verification.
If you are not covered by health insurance, we offer prompt pay discounts for packages of acupuncture treatments.
Please refer to the Rates section for specific prices.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), through controlled clinical trials, the following symptoms, diseases and conditions were treated effectively by acupuncture:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis of the shoulder
- facial pain
- dental pain
- tempromandibular joint (TMJ) pain and dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- induction of labor
- correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation)
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- primary hypotension
- renal colic
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- biliary colic
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- acute bacillary dysentery
- primary dysmenorrhea
- acute epigastralgia
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis